No. 428 CUM 

Comtoise cock clock from the time of the French Revolution, ca. 1793/1795.                                                                                                         Cast ornamental part with cock and two small eagles on the sides above an upright lion. This lion does not symbolize the Lion of Belfort, as one often hears, but is the heraldic animal in the coat of arms of Franche Comté. (The Lion of Belfort was only created between 1875 and 1880 and is intended to commemorate the resistance of the town of Belfort and its people during the siege of the Franco-Prussian War (1870/1871). Historically speaking, the town of Belfort does not belong to the old Franche-Comté, but to Alsace).

 8-day movement with verge escapement and lead pendulum. Half hour strike en passant and full hour strike with repetition after 2 minutes on bell. Serrated brass hands with decorated heart-shaped surfaces. Plate-like enamel dial with arcade-shaped minute track ( à la Dauphine ), Roman hour and Arabic quarter-hour numerals. The dial maker NAVAND has signed his name under Roman IV.                                                                                                      Diameter dial: 245 Cage: 254 x 242 x 142 HxWxD / Movement: 384 x 242 x 162 HxWxD / Pendulum length: 1640 ( all dimensions in mm )

1. Uhr fronatl
2. Hahn u.Löwe
3. Zeigermitte
4. Std.Zeiger
5. Min Zeiger
6. Gehwerk
7. Schlagwerk
8. NAVAND